Monday 10 November 2014

Buyee.jp part 2

After giving buyee.jp a serious try I've decided to cease using their service. I've had no issues with them other than cost. The prices spiral out of control at a ridiculous rate, and once you factor in they only ship EMS, so almost everything shipped gets VAT added to it you are looking one expensive way of buying cheap items from Japan. Previously you were allowed to set your own prices that would be marked on the parcel, however that was stopped at the start of October (probably for good reason), but it meant that anything £135+ (including shipping fee) was then subject to not only VAT but further Import duty as well as Parcel Force's own £13.50 fee. 

It's a shame it hasn't worked out as their site is easy to use, and everything seems to run smoothly. I've now signed up for Shopping Mall Japan, which is another proxy service. I'll see how I get on using that service, but if this one doesn't work out well it's likely I'll just do without tapping the Japanese market places unless there is something I simply cannot get elsewhere.


1 comment:

  1. buyee one of the worst proxy service from Japan... I tried a few and remambo works very well (except sniper bid).

    ReplyDelete